Black Chicken with Angelica Sinensis Soup Recipe
Copy & Paste into your blog!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License
- 1 Black Chicken, washed and cleaned
- Approxiately 27g Angelica Sinensis 当归(DangGui)
- 15g Wolfberries 枸杞子(GouQiZi)
- 6 Black Dates 黑枣 (HeiZao）
- 2 litre Water
- 1/2 tablespoon Chinese Cooking Wine (optional)
- Salt to taste
How to make Black Chicken with Angelica Sinensis Soup
- Blanch chicken.
- Place all ingredients except wine and salt in a pot.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce to a simmer and continue cooking for 3 hours.
- Add wine and salt to taste.
- Serve immediately.
A better way to cook this will be double-boiling which ensure the essences from all the ingredients are not loss through cooking but it will take much longer to cook. Expect at least 5 hours! And you have to keep check on the water.