BBQ Sweet Sour Ribs Recipe
Copy & Paste into your blog!
All Rights Reserved
Ingredients4 lb cow ribs.
For the BBQ sauce:
1 cup ketchup
1 cup apple cider vinegar
1/2 cup molasses
1/2 cup honey
1 tsp liquid smoke
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp Tabasco pepper sauce
2 tsp black pepper
How to make BBQ Sweet Sour Ribs
Before you start the BBQ, combine the sauce in a pan and simmer till thicken.
1. Cut the long racks in half to get the perfect serving size (about 4-6 rib bones per rack). You'll have 4 of these smaller racks at about a pound each.
2. Preheat the oven to 300°F.
3. Tear off 4 pieces of aluminum foil that are roughly 6 inches longer than the ribs.
4. Coat the ribs, front and back, with your choice of BBQ sauce. Place a rack of ribs, one at a time, onto a piece of foil lengthwise and wrap up tightly.Let it marinate in the fridge over night or a day.
5. Place the ribs into the oven with the seam of the foil wrap facing up. Cook for 2-2 1/2 hours, or until you see the meat of the ribs shrinking back from the cut ends of the bones by about 1/2 inch. This long cooking time will ensure that the meat will be very tender and fall of the bone.
6. Toward the end of the cooking time, prepare the BBQ stand.
7. Remove the ribs from the foil and smother them with additional BBQ sauce. Be sure to save some for later.
8. Grill the ribs on the hot BBQ stand for 2-4 minutes per side, or just until you see several spots of charred blackened sauce. Watch for flames and do not burn!
9. When the ribs are done, use a sharp knife to slice the meat between each bone about halfway down. This will make it easier to tear the ribs apart when they are served. Serve the ribs piping hot with additional sauce on the side, if desired.