Corn, Avocado and Tomato Salad Recipe
Copy & Paste into your blog!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License
- 3-4 ears of fresh corn
- 1 ripe avocado, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup finely diced red onion
Cilantro Lime Dressing
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lime zest
- 1-2 tablespoon fresh lime juice (depending on taste)
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro (reserve a bit for presentation)
- Good pinch of salt (I use Fleur de sel)
- Pinch pepper
- Few dashes of Tabasco
How to make Corn, Avocado and Tomato Salad
1.) Remove the corn from the cob. Place in a microwave safe bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Microwave for 5 minutes on high. Rinse with cold water to stop cooking. Drain on a tea towel thoroughly.
2.) Combine the prepared corn, sliced avocado, halved tomatoes and diced red onion in a large glass bowl.
3.) Mix the dressing ingredients together in another bowl and then pour over the salad. Gently toss to mix. Add some additional cilantro on top prior to serving. Taste. If you feel it needs salt, add some. The corn can take a good amount of salt - it brings out all of the flavors.
This corn, avocado and tomato salad is light, refreshing and is the perfect side dish to any summer meal. Don't you agree?
Visit LifeWithCake.com for more recipes.