- 3 cups oat flour or unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup unsalted vegan butter (or use regular unsalted butter if recipe doesn't need to be vegan)
- 1 3/4 cups white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup sweetened applesauce
- 1 1/2 cups raisins
- 1 package (about 1 1/2 cups) of dried cranberries & apples (I used Good Sense's brand)
These cookies bake crispy, so keep an eye on the oven. If you don't have the package of Good Sense's dried cranberries and apples, substitute with 1 1/2 cups of your favourite dried fruits, extra raisins, or nuts. Makes about 24 cookies. Have fun!
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease cookie sheets.
2. In a large bowl, beat butter until soft. Mix in the vanilla and sugar. Add the applesauce and mix well. In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, ginger cinnamon and nutmeg. Gradually stir into the butter mixture. Stir in raisins, dried apples and cranberries. Take tablespoon-sized pieces of dough and drop them onto the cookie sheets, pushing the dough to make a round or semi-round shape.
3. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes in the preheated oven. Let cool on wire racks.