for the broth spices:
- 6 candle nuts ( grind)
- a handfull dry shrimp / ebi
- red small pepper ( depends how spicy you like)
- 4 pcs shallots (grind)
- a pinch salt
- paprika powder (for color)
- tumeric powder (for color)
- 1 gallon water
- 1 root lemon grass ( smash )
- 5 pcs kaffir lime leaves
- a little tamarind paste ( for taking the water only)
for the soup vegetables:
- 1/2 small cabbage (diced)
- 1 small chayyote (diced)
- 1 cup fresh peanuts
- fresh corn ( cut small)
- long beans (cut stick)
- grind candle nut, dry shrimp, shallots and pepper all together.
- Boil water , add grind mixture for soup base.
- add warm water in tamarind paste, squeeze abit to get the juice. set a side
- Put peanuts,chayyote,cabbage and long bean cause this vegetable need time to cook.
- add sugar , salt , and tamarind paste water.
- let it boil till simmer and vege is soften in medium heat.
- Add lemon grass, lime leaf and corn. let it cook.
- ready to be serve.