- 4 oz cream cheese, at room temperature
- 8 tbsp (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 tbsp sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp light brown sugar
- pinch of cinnamon powder
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup walnuts, finely chopped
- 1 egg, for egg wash
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
I always watch the food channel for few hours everyday. When i saw this recipe, i know i must try it, because if i succeed at the first time, i will do it over and over again. By the way, I change this recipe a little bit, cuz i don't have apricot preserves on hand, but it taste awesome too, so i wanna share this recipe with you guys, now, it's your turn to make this warmy snacks.
1. Cream the cheese and butter in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment until light. Add sugar, the salt, and vanilla. With the mixer on low speed, then add the flour and mix until just combined.
2. Dump the dough out onto a well-floured board and roll it into a ball. Cut the ball in halves, wrap each piece in plastic, and refrigerate for 1 hour.
3. To make the filling, combine all ingredients. Set aside.
4. On a well-floured board, roll each ball of dough into a 9-inch circle. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup of the filling. Press the filling lightly into the dough. Cut the circle into 12 equal wedges—cutting the whole circle in quarters, then each quarter into thirds. Starting with the wide edge, roll up each wedge. Place the cookies, points tucked under, on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Chill for 30 minutes.
5. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Brush each cookie with the egg wash. Combine 3 tablespoons granulated sugar and 1 teaspoon cinnamon and sprinkle on the cookies. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until lightly browned. Remove to a wire rack and let cool.