A simple recipe I made for a tapas party. They were gone in minutes!
- Saute garlic in olive oil until lightly browned. Strain garlic and discard. Or leave in if you like.
- Slice baguette into 1/3" to 1/2" slices.
- Slice manchego cheese. I like to slice the wedge horizontally so that each slice is the same shape.
- Cut ham into pieces roughly the same size as the baguette slices.
- Arrange baguette slices on a baking sheet.
- Brush slices with olive oil.
- Assemble crostini, with ham first then cheese.
- Cook under broiler until until cheese is melted and ham is warm.