- 2 slices of Kombucha culture.
- 125 ml of prepared Kombucha tea
- About a shot glass of apple vinegar (optional)
- 2 spoons of black tea
- Green tea (optional)
- 2 liters of water
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- Make about 2 liters of black tea, you can add green tea if you want.
- Add the sugar and dissolve it
- Let the tea cool down to ambient temperature.
- Add the Kombucha tea (or vinegar if you don’t have it yet)
- Put the liquid in a big jar and add the slices of kombucha culture.
- Cover the jar with a tea towel. Make sure the kombucha can breath!
- Put the jar in a dark place, far from smokes, shooks or perturbations.
- Let it for 10 days. A new kombucha slice will grow on the top.
- You can taste it, his flavor and smell is like the apple cider.
- IMPORTANT: Be careful with molds! If mold does grow on the surface
of the kombucha pellicle, or “mushroom,” it is best to throw out the
batch and start afresh.