- 1 1/3 cup of wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- 2 teaspoons of matcha powder
- 1/4 - 1/3 cup of water
- 250 grams of kabocha, seeds removed and peeled
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- Cut kabocha into small pieces and steam about 10 minutes or until softened.
- Mash kabocha in a bowl and add sugar and honey.
- Shift flour, baking powder, matcha and sugar into a bowl. Add water and knead the dough.
- Divide dough into 8 pcs. and flatten by hands. Put kabocha filling in the center of the dough and wrap it with the dough to make a round. Repeat this process.
- Preheat a steamer. Place manju in the steamer and steam over high heat for about 10 minutes.