This dish started out being a simple noodle soup using up the carrot and onion I had but I found some nice looking frying steak that evening and the dish started morphing before my very eyes into something like this.
The amount of each ingredient is a little hazy since a) I don't recall, and b) I was making the dish up on the spot.
It was ridiculously tasty though.
For the marinade:
- Chop if the beef into strips and place into a sealed bag or bowl.
- Add the garlic and ginger and enough soy sauce to cover.
- Pour over some honey, about a fifth of the amount of soy
- Leave to marinade for up to 24 hours (1 will do though).
For the dish:
- Put a pan of water on to boil and when ready add the broccoli for 3-4 minutes and then drain, keeping the water
- Put the rice noodles into the same water and boil for 6-8 minutes, and then drain
- Meanwhile, heat your wok to a high heat and add some groundnut oil
- Add your beef, discarding the marinade, and cook for a couple of minutes till browned off, then set aside.
- Turn the heat down and add the onion, frying off gently, then add the carrots
- Add the beef back to the wok and then add the noodles giving the whole lot a good mix
- Warm your plates/bowls, serve and enjoy!