You can use any odd vegetable, but winter vegetables are most appropriate.
Use this stock concentrate as a base for your stock or Bouillon. No more Oxo, Maggi or Knorr cubes!
- Chop up the vegetables and put them all together with a generous serving of salt into a food processor
- process until you have a homogeneous paste
- spread the paste out onto an oven tray
- Put the tray into the oven at a relatively low temperature (60 - 70°C)
- switch on the air circulation of your oven if it has one, otherwise move the paste every hour or so
- leave it in the oven until you have dry substance (it will be quite some hours, do it overnight for example - and make sure the kitchen is aired as the drying paste will leave its smell)
- Take out the dry paste, let it cool
- Put it into the food processor again
and break it up to fine granules
- Keep it in the fridge (mine I can use for months)