Had some left over ricotta lying about in the house, so my brother googled a recipe. We substituted the mozarella for chedder, and added in the dried herbs.
1. Whip egg whites until stiff. So stiff it won't drop out of the bowl when you turn it upside down.
2. Mix both cheeses together, together with the herbs and salt and pepper.
3. Fold in the whipped egg whites.
4. Add in the flour and mix all together.
5. Make cheese balls by using two tablespoons, and rolling them around in the bread crumbs. We found that the most efficient way was: one person makes the balls and drop them in the crumbs, whilst the other uses a clean spoon to roll the balls in the crumbs.
6. Heat up enough oil to deep fry the balls. I find if a wooden chopstick bubbles slightly when dipped into the oil means that the oil is hot enough.
7. Fry until golden brown, and when taking them out, be careful not to poke them, or all the cheese will ooze out.