Yummy fried glutinous rice! My favourite breakfast when I was a kid. Just couldn't resist it ... so I thought of giving it a try this evening. D2's mum told me it's not easy to handle glutinous rice. Ya, it's not easy! I find my rice is not soft enough, I should sprinkle some water onto the glutinous rice before steaming. You will notice my sticky rice is really "black", maybe I put too much dark soy sauce. But I love it!
1. Wash and soak glutinous rice in water overnight.
2. Soak black mushrooms until soft, remove stems and dices. Wash and dice dried shrimps.
3. Wash and remove the "skin" from chinese sausage then cut into thin slices and set aside.
4. Heat 2 tbsp of oil in wok, fry dried shrimps until fragrant. Set aside.
5. Fry chinese sausage until fragrant, add cooked glutinous rice, mushrooms and shrimps.
6. Pour glutinous rice into the wok snd fry with the rest. Stir well. Remove from heat.
7. Steam for half an hour over high heat and keep warm.
8. You may sprinkle some spring onion, peanuts and chilli on top of the glutinous rice before serving.