- 1 big fennel
- 1 leek
- about 12 carrots
- 6 potatoes
- 3 chicken breast
- 2 cans of beer
- 1 liter of chicken stock (or water with some bouillon cubes)
- salt, fresh grind black pepper and olive oil
(vegetairian variaton, delete chicken, add mushrooms)
This soup has enough in it to serve as a meal for 4. Nice with some bread and....a beer!
1. Chop up the veggies and the peeled potatoes not to fine. Chop the chicken into bitesize bits.
2. Put a big pan on the fire, and heat the oil. Stirfry the chicken for about 4 minutes, than add the veggies, beer, stock (or water with cubes) and a lot of fresh grind pepper.
Bring to the boil, and turn down heat.
Put a lid on, and sit back for about 25 minutes.
3. Taste soup and add salt and pepper if needed.
-edit- found a variation with fennel soup, in this recipe they put the whole bunch in the blender, and added some cream...and it tasted good!!!