- 1 bowl ground turkey
- pinch of salt and black pepper
- 1/3 bowl finely chopped onions
- 1/2 egg
- 1/2 bowl panko breadcrumbs
- 1 person's worth pasta (it depends, it depends..)
- 3 bowls of water
- 2/3 bowl pasta sauce. (Not too cheap ones haha )
- 1/2 bowl mushroom & chopped onions & some oil(optional)
So this was my attempt to make pasta with meatballs more healthy. I don't know if I achieved that goal, cuz it still tasted great :)
For Turkey Meatballs:
1. Mix ground turkey + pinch of salt and black pepper + finely chopped onions + egg + breadcrumbs together in a bowl.
2. Make about 1-inch turkey meatballs
3. Bake them for about 10 minutes or so until done at about 400 degrees F. To see if done, stick a toothpick into one of the balls, and take it out. If nothing comes out with it, they're done.
4. Take out the meatballs and set it aside to cool.
For Pasta + Turkey Meatballs:
1. Cook pasta in water in saucepan...have saucepan fit all of the pasta for convenience.
2. When pasta is fully cooked, drain water from pan.
3. In another saucepan (medium heat), sautee mushroom and chopped onions with a bit of oil, if wanted. Then add pasta sauce.
4. Add cooked turkey meatballs to pasta sauce.
5. Mix meatballs + sauce and then add pasta and mix throughly.
Pasta with Turkey Meatballs is served! For 1 person :)