- 4 chicken fillets (breast or thigh)
- 2 slices of regular ham (halved) (or prosciutto)
- 1 - 2 tbsp butter, unsalted
- 1 C flour
- 1 C italian bread crumbs combined with 1/2 C grated parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs
cream cheese filling:
- 1/2 package of cream cheese
- salt & pepper
- 1/2 T chopped parsley
1. with a mallet, pound the chicken fillets until nice and flat. season with salt & pepper.
2. prepare the cream cheese filling by combining all ingredients well.
3. lay a fillet flat on a surface, place pats of butter all over one side. spread the cream cheese mixture evenly on the same side.
3. roll the fillet (secure with a toothpick if needed).
4. dredge the roll in seasoned flour, then dip in beaten egg and finally, dredge in the parmesan-bread crumbs mixture.
5. bake at 350 degrees F until the breading is golden and the juices run clear.
Serve with mornay or tartar sauce, but it's tasty on its own.