- 200g chicken thighs, deboned and chopped
- 2 tsp star anise, ground
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp honey
- 200g can of chopped tomatoes
- 100g sweetcorn
- 100g plum tomatoes, halved
- 100g mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tbsp red onion, chopped
- 100g grated cheese
- A little veggie oil
- Mix the soy sauce, honey and 1 tsp of the anise with the chicken in a bowl. Set aside for 15 minutes.
- When ready, heat the oil in a pan and fry the onion and chicken to brown.
- Add all of the vegetables, plus the remaining tsp of anise, tossing well to get everything piping hot.
- Take off the heat and stir in the cheese. Serve with steamed rice with some extra grated cheese on top if desired.