A.Tapioca Flour Jelly
1) 100g Tapioca flour
2) 120ml Boiling water
3) Various food colour : red, green, blue,yellow (optional)
1) 2 medium sized sweet potatoes - cut cube
2) 1 large yam - cut cube
3) *1 coconut, grated and squeezed for santan, then add 2 rice bowls of water and a bit of salt to squeeze for no. 2 santan
4) 6 pandan leaves
5) 1 rice bowl normal sugar
1) 500g Palm sugar
2) 1/2 glass of water
1) Put flour in mixing bowl, add in hot water until it becomes a dough.
2) Divide into four parts and add food colour to each part. Roll it out and cut into desired shape.
3) Bring a pot of water to boil and drop in the cut shapes. Boil until the dough is translucent and shapes have risen to the surface of the water.
4) Remove and plunge into cold water and leave aside until needed.
Peel and cut sweet potatoes and yam into cubes. Steam each separately until cooked. Set aside
1) Boil 1 rice bowl of water with the pandan leaves knotted and 1 rice bowl of sugar for 10 minutes until syrup.
2) Mix this with no. 2 santan and boil over low heat. Stir all the time.
3) Add in no. 1 santan and a pinch of salt. Stir well. Remove from heat.
4) To serve, place a spoon of yam, a spoon of sweet potatoes, and spoon of tapioca flour jelly in a small bowl.
1) Palm sugar and water simmer until sugar dissloves.Put aside to cool.
*You can subtitute coconut milk with fresh milk.