- 250 grams of Arborio rice
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped finely
- 1/4 cup of white, dry wine
- 750 ml of vegetable stock
- 200 grams of baby beetroot leaves
- 1/2 cup of walnuts
- 100 grams of gorgonzola
- Heat olive oil in a well-seasoned, cast iron
- Add onion to the oil and
sauté for 2-3 minutes over medium heat.
- Add Arborio rice. Stir the rice well with the onions and oil, in order to thoroughly "coat" the rice. This helps regulate absorption of the liquid.
- Add 1/4 cup of dry flavorful white wine.
- When the wine is about 3/4's absorbed, reduce the heat and ladle in enough stock to cover the smoothed out risotto.
- When the added liquid level drops about 1/3, add more stock.
- Continue this process for about 20 minutes.
- When the rice is mostly tender/al dente, add beetroot leaves and gorgonzola.
- At this point, stir the risotto to blend in the cheese, toss with walnuts and remove your finished risotto from the heat.