- 225g self Raising Flour
- 225g sugar
- 170g softened butter
- 150g raspberries
- 3 beaten eggs
- Juice of half lemon
- Juice of half an orange
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Zest of 1 orange
- Mix together the butter, zests and about two thirds of the sugar.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time, adding a bit of flour to the last of the egg as well.
- Sift in the rest of the flour and fold in, adding the raspberries carefully.
- Pour into a loaf tin and bake for an hour at 180 degrees C.
- Meanwhile, heat the fruit juices and last third of the sugar gently.
- Prick the baked cake all over while still warm and pour over the syrup.