1. In a large mixing bowl, combine eggs and sugar until creamy and light in colour.
2. Add milk and oil, and continue beating until well blended.
3. Add vanilla
extractto the mixture. Gradually add flour and then beat until the
batter is smooth and the dry ingredients are thoroughly incorporated.
4. Divide the mixture into 2 equal
portions. Keep one portion plain. Add cocoa powder into another and mix
well. The color of the cocoa batter should be quite dark, so add more
5. Preheat the oven to 180C.
6. The most important part is assembling the cake batter in a baking pan. This is what you do.
3 heaped tablespoons of plain batter (you can also use a ladle that
would hold 3 tablespoons) into the middle of the baking pan. Then scoop
3 tablespoons of cocoa batter and pour it in the center on top of the
Do not spread the batter or tilt the pan to distribute the mixture.
It will spread by itself and fill the pan gradually. Continue alternating the batters until you finish them.
7. Bake in the oven for about 40 minutes.