- 1 deboned chicken thigh or breast (if you like dry meat)
- 1 small orange
- Romaine lettuce
- 1 teaspoon of grated orange or lemon peel
- The marinade:
- 1 tablespoon of yuzu miso
- 2 tablespoons of sake
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- Almond brittles:
- ½ cup of sliced almonds
- 3 tablespoons of sugar
- Salad dressing:
- 1 tablespoon sesame paste
- 1 tablespoon lemon or yuzu juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Soy sauce and pepper to season
1. Mix the yuzu miso, sake and sugar together. Use it to marinate the chicken for at least half an hour.
2. Grill or bake the chicken until done.
3. Heat up a pan. When it’s hot, pour in the 3 tablespoons of sugar. As the sugar melts, throw in the sliced almonds. Remove pan from heat immediately (do not let sugar burn.) Make sure the almonds are well coated with the sugar. Quickly pour onto a parchment paper or silicon sheet. Leave to cool.
4. Cut the orange into cubes.
5. Mix together the ingredients for the dressing.
6. Slice the chicken into bite sizes. Toss together with the orange cubes, grated lemon/orange peel, and dressing. Arrange on a bed of romaine lettuce.
7. Break the almond brittle into small pieces and sprinkle over the chicken. Serve.