- 500g ostrich mince (or lean beef mince)
- 1 medium sized onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 4 rashers of bacon, chopped in small pieces
- 1 can chopped tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 cup / 240ml red wine
- 1 tablespoon / 5ml dried rosemary
- 1 cup / 240ml water
1. Cook onion and garlic until glassy. Set aside.
2. Cook bacon until crispy. Set aside.
3. Brown mince then add onion, garlic and bacon back to pot. Add chopped tomatoes, tomato paste, red wine and rosemary. Cook over medium heat for half an hour or until liquids have been absorbed.
4. Add water and cook for further half hour on low heat until water has reduced and sauce has thickened.
5. Eat with your favourite pasta.
Sauce is yummier the day after cooking.