I just came home in the freezing
cold and really wanted some comfort food. I whipped this up with some stuff I got at the store yesterday.
- Boil your gnocchi and set aside
- Sweat some garlic (or maybe shallots) in olive oil in a pan
- Remove the garlic and stir in the mushrooms (I used oyster mushrooms and they were great.) Any kind of earthy mushroom is good for this.
- Add the sun dried tomatoes and keep stirring.
- Add spinach and turn up the heat. When the spinach starts to shrink, splash in some wine, your pinches of thyme and nutmeg, and drop the gnocchi in as the wine cooks out.
This came out great. warm for the winter but not too heavy.
P.S. Check out Kimdec
for a good recipe for home made gnocchi!