White Chocolate Sour Cream Cupcakes
- 2 cups plain [all purpose] flour
- 1 2/3 cups sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 125 grams / 4 oz white chocolate
- 1/2 cup water
- 125g / 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup sour cream, at room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 eggs
I like white chocolate and sour cream as a combination. So I came up with White Chocolate Sour Cream Cupcakes. The White Chocolate Sour Cream Cupcakes are dense and very moist, I would go so far as calling them mud cakes. The sour cream counteracts with the sweetness of the white chocolate and the sugar to add a little tang to the cupcakes.
Make sure that you fill the cupcake liners only half way as the cupcakes rise a lot during baking (the sour cream reacts with the baking soda). Otherwise you will get the cupcakes overflowing and even worse they will sink in the middle. What you will get if you fill half way is a really nice flat cupcake surface which is perfect if you like decorating you cupcakes with fondant.
1. Preheat oven to 180 (350).
2. Line 2 12 capacity muffin trays with cupcake liners.
3. In mixer, combine flour, sugar and salt.
4. Melt chocolate with butter and water. Allow to cool slightly.
5. Add melted chocolate mixture to flour mixture and mix lightly.
6. Add sour cream, vanilla, baking soda and eggs and beat for 2 minutes.
7. Divide batter evenly into cupcake liners and bake for 20 - 25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
8. Allow cupcakes to cool completely before frosting.