Are you bored of pumpkin recipes yet? Me neither. Friends, henceforth the fall of 2008 shall be known as the Squash-tastic Pumpksplosion Event at FATM. So. Here's the pumpkin bread.
Yields two 9"x3" loaves. (can very easily be halved.)
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Prepare two 9" x 3" loaf pans.
- Whisk together flours, spices, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- Beat together sugar and oil until well blended.
- Add eggs, vanilla, and chai (or water — the chai is just a way to squeeze in more flavor).
- Beat until mixture is even and smooth, scraping down the sides of the bowl and the beater as necessary.
- Add flour mixture all at once. Stir gently until just mixed.
- Fold in pumpkin puree until uniform.Stir in nuts or seeds, and cranberries, if you like
- .Divide batter between the loaf pans and bake, about one hour, until a toothpick inserted in the center of the loaf emerges clean.
- Cool on a wire rack about ten minutes, then remove bread from the pans and cool completely before slicing or wrapping.