- 3 turkey sausages (any flavor, I used Jennie-O's Original Bratwurst)
- 1/3 small can of whole or sliced water chestnut in water.
- 3 cloves garlic ( I just used the preminced ones in a jar)
- a handful of cilantro
- 1 tsp cumin
- a good sprinkle of black pepper
Want some meat, but not the fat and calories? Try this! This is a super yummy turkey patty with water chestnut. The water chestnut gives each bite a little crunch and keeps the patties moist. The cilantro compliments this dish very well. Give it a try, cause it's super fast, easy, and deeeelicious!
1. Take the casing off of the sausages by slitting it with a knife and peeling it off. Put meat in a big mixing bowl.
2. Mince the garlic and water chestnuts. Add it in the bowl of meat. Make sure you don't add too much water chestnut cause the patties might not hold together well).
3. Add the rest of the ingredients to the meat mixture. Incorporate all ingredients with your hands. Yes, your hands!
4. Take the meat mixture out of the bowl and onto a cutting board. Shape the meat into a pizza shape and divide into 4 equal portions. Shape each portion into a small patty.
5. On a medium to med-high heat, place two patties into a nonstick pan. (no oil needed unless you don't have a nonstick). Cook till each side is golden brown.
6. Set on a bed of baby romaine lettuce and your favorite dressing. Try not to use the creamy kind of dressing. (I used an Asian sesame flavored one.) Also, set some baby carrots on the side if you like.