- 1 cup leeks, thinly sliced, white part only
- 1/2 of onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 2 cups potato, peeled, cubed
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- pinch of salt
- for garnish: parsley
- Melt butter in the pot, sauté onion and leeks till translucent, do not allow them to brown
- Add sliced potatoes and chicken broth to the pan, bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat and simmer for 35 minutes.
- Blend soup with hand blender. Add milk and cream mixing well, add salt if needed.
- Can be served hot or cold. Garnish with fresh parsley.