- 5 cups vegetable stock
- 3 cups water
- 1 can sweet corn (no salt added)
- 1 can diced tomatoes (fire-roasted)
- 1 can pinto beans
- 3/4 cup Israeli couscous
- 3/4 cup elbow pasta
- 1/2 cup Marsala cooking wine
- 4 large cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 package (about 12 ounces) frozen spinach
- Salt & pepper to taste
- In a large stock pot, combine the vegetable stock and water. Heat on medium-high until bubbling (but not boiling).
- Drain – but do
not rinse – the corn, tomatoes, and beans. Add them to the pot, as well
as the couscous and elbow pasta. Heat on medium-high heat for approx.
- Check to see if
the pasta & couscous are getting soft. Then add cooking wine and
garlic chunks, and turn the heat down a bit. Cook for another ten
- Add the frozen spinach, stirring occasionally until it is fully incorporated (and not a frozen brick!).
- Add salt and pepper. Cook on low heat until ready to serve.