- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup of milk/replacement
- 1/2 head of broccoli
- a couple handfuls of spinach
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/2 red onion
- a few cherry tomatos
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup grated cheese (swiss/cheddar/gouda is a nice choice)
- olive oil
- sea salt + fresh pepper to taste
- pinch cayenne pepper
- 9" unbaked pie pastry
I love the quiche because it's so adaptable - if you don't have these veg handy they're easily substituted.
A tip stolen from a friend: using smoked gouda in this adds a really nice "meaty" flavour.
1. Sweat chopped garlic and red onion in a little olive oil. Meanwhile steaming the broccoli and spinach for a couple minutes.
2. Combine eggs and milk and add a bit of salt and pepper - include the cayenne
3. Fill pie crust with the onion + garlic mixture, broccoli, spinach and cheese (save a little for the top).
4. Pour egg mixture over everything and top with the left over cheese and cherry tomatos
5. Bake at 425 for about 35 minutes