- 1tbs olive oil
- large onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic crushed and chopped
- 1 bell pepper seeded and chopped
- salt, pepper, bay leaf, paprika
- 1 can diced or stewed tomatoes
- 1 package (approx 1 1/3lb) ground round (ground beef substitute)
- elbow pasta or rice
THIS COOKS UP FAST! Start your rice or macaroni first!
1. heat oil
2. gently fry up onion and garlic on med heat until fragrant
3. add bell pepper and fry until softened
4. add spices to taste
5. add can of tomatoes, simmer
6. just prior to serving, add ground (soy) round and heat until warmed through.
7. Serve over rice or macaroni
NOTE: unlike ground beef, soy substitute should always be added last just before serving!