- 1 teaspoon Extra virgin olive oil
- 5 cups Egg substitute (EggBeaters®) or 10 large eggs, well beaten
- 4 cups Roasted, sauteed, or steamed vegetables
- 0.5 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1.5 teaspoonsCoarse salt
- 0.25 teaspoonGround pepper
This is a great way to use leftover vegetables. Using the egg substitute really “lightens” the recipe and does not lessen the taste. Serve with toasted french country bread.
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Brush a 9.5 inch deep-dish pie plate with 1 teaspoon olive oil. Drain any liquid from the leftover vegetables and place in pie plate.
2. In a large bowl, mix eggs, grated Parmesan coarse salt and ground pepper; pour over vegetables.
3. Bake until top is golden and center is set, 35-40 minutes; cool 5 minutes before serving.