- 1/2 kg yams ( peel and diced, boiled)
- 250 grm tapioca starch
for the filling:
- 1 pc jicama/ bengkuang (cut like sticks)
- 2 pcs carrot (cut like sticks)
- 1/4 lbs green bean ( cut like sticks)
- fried shallot for garnish
for the sauce:
- 1/4 lbs medium green chili
- 4 pcs shallot
- 4 pcs garlic
- soy sauce
- boiled jicama,carrot and green bean till soft, set a side and drain.
- sataue garlic with oil, add all the vegetables
- stir well, add water a little bit, salt
- after cooked, set a side and make sure not too much water on the bottom.
- Now to prepare the skin, boiled yams, smash yams while hot, add tapioca stach.
- Mix it well till you can make dough, if too dry take a small ball of dough and boiled till sticky. put inside the ball into dough and mix again
- take small ball and mae like a wrap, fill with vegetables, wrap it like empanada.
- do it till all dough done
- prepare steamer,and steam.
- after cooked, coated dumpling with vege oil, put in serving dish and sprinkle with fried shallot.
- eat with chili sauce ( for the chili sauce , blend with food processor : chili, garlic and shallot)
- mix chili with sugar, soy sauce and water.