- 2/3 cup sugar
- 120 g butter, room temperature
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sliced or chopped almonds
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2/3 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Line or grease a cupcake tin.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Beat in the vanilla and almond extracts.
- Put almonds and mix well
- In another bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder.
- Beat 1/3 of the flour mixture into the wet ingredients and mix well. Alternately add the flour mixture and milk to the wet ingredients, blending until smooth after each addition.
- Fill the cupcake liners about 3/4 full.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into a cupcake comes out clean.
- Allow to cool completely
- Frosting if you like.