If you like grilled salmon and sashimi, here's the best of both world, the unilateral salmon. This is a half-raw salmon that is grilled on one side, and juicy on the other.
Here's how it goes. Bare in mind that i dont really go with measurements, i simply add depending what i like (for instance i love garlic, so i put a bit more).
- have the rice cooking (wash it etc, you know the drill)
- chop the garlic- while the rice cooks, prepare in a small bowl, 2-3 spoons of sesame oil, pinch of salt, 2-3 shots of sake and the garlic.
- place the salmon in the bowl and have it marinated for a few minutes until the rice is ready.
- when the rice is cooked, place the washed brocolis on top of the rice and place the cover back. You may add some garlic with the brocoli but it's optional.
- Have a pan hot hot hot ready and cook the salmon with the sauce for no more than 3-4 minute on ONE side (skin side if there's skin). - hint - the sauce should be gone when it's ready and the top of the salmon (naked part) should be pink.
- When it's cooked, put it on a plate and season it with some salt and black pepper if you wish.