Most brownies are neither chocolatey/squidgy/buttery enough and usually contain nuts (yuck!) so I've tinkered with a few recipes that came close to perfection and come up with this one - not only is it perfect but it's easy enough for anyone to make too.
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C
2. Line a roasting tin (approx 12" x 18") with baking parchement paper.
3. Melt the butter and 70% chocolate together (I find that one and a half minutes in the microwave is about right, or use a bowl over a pan of simmering water)
4. Put all the other ingredients except the chopped chocolate into the bowl of your electric mixer or do it by hand with a wooden spoon, then add the butter/chocolate mixture. Mix until smooth, but no need to overbeat.
5. Pour into prepared tin, smooth, then sprinkle chopped chocolate evenly over, pushing it down below the surface (to prevent it burning). If you absolutely must, you could add nuts at this stage :S
6. Bake in the oven for EXACTLY 25 minutes. The surface should be dry and slightly cracked whilst the interior will be deliciously soft and squidgy.
7. Leave in the tin until completely cold.