- 250g lean turkey mince
- 200g cooked macaroni (100g dry)
- 200g low fat creme fraiche
- 100g low fat grated cheese
- 100ml chicken or veggie stock
- 2 celery sticks
- 1 large carrot
- 1 egg yolk
- Small red onion
- 2 tbsp breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp wholegrain mustard
The Turkey Bottom
- Fry the onion and mince in a pan for 5 minutes.
- Add the celery, carrot and stock. Leave to simmer for 15 minutes.
The Macaroni Top
- Gently boil the creme fraiche. Take off the heat and stir in the mustard and most of the cheese. Spoon out a little into a small bowl.
- Add the cooked macaroni to the bulk of the sauce.
- Beat the egg yolk into the remaining sauce, ready for the pie stage.
- Tip the turkey mixture into a pie dish, followed by the macaroni cheese, then the egg yolk sauce.
- Mix the breadcrumbs with the last of the cheese and sprinkle on top.
- Bake at 200 degrees C for 20-30 minutes until bubbly hot.