This is for when you're in a rush. Great with that peice of cheap chuck steak and a real improvement over your mother's Swiss Steak....
- 2-4 inside/outside round steaks
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
-2 tomatoes chopped (or pint of cherry tomatos)
- Tbs crushed thyme
- salt to taste
- 2tbs olive oil
- 2tbs butter
- 1/2 C beef stock
(this is super fast, so put your potatos, rice or pasta side dishes on first!)
1. Heat 1tbs olive oil in heavy fry pan.
2. Brown steaks on med-high heat and cook through (approx 4min for med-rare). Remove from pan and place aside.
3. Reduce temp to med and add remaining oil to same pan. Add onions, thyme, and salt and stir. Be sure to scrape up the drippings from the steaks. Cook for 2-4 min.
4. Add tomatoes and beef stock. Bring to boil for one minute only.
5. Reduce temp, whisk in butter, return steaks to pan and heat through. Serve immediately.