1. Sift the flour.
2. Whip egg yolks and 1/3 of the sugar at high speed until light and creamy.
Add half of the remaining sugar, along with the vinegar or lemon juice
to the egg whites. Whip the egg white mixture at high speed until it is
foamy and has tripled in volume, about 2 minutes (depending on type of
4. Combine the remaining sugar and the cornstarch. Gradually add this to the egg white mixture and whip to stiff peaks.
5. Fold in the reserved egg yolk and sugar mixture, and then fold i the sifted flour.
6. Place batter in a pastry bag with 10mm round tip. Pipe batter into desired shape.
Bake at 220 C for about 6-8 minutes or until golden brown. Once removed
from oven, sprinkle some caster sugar on baked ladyfingers to retain
1. Sprinkle gelatin powder over 60ml water. Reserve
Combine egg yolks, sugar and remaining liqueur in a bowl. Set over bain
marie and whisk constantly till the mixture has thicken to sabayon
consistency (Thick, creamy and coats the back of wooden spoon like
3. Remove from heat and continue to whip at medium speed till cool to touch. Refrigerate.
4. Whip whipping cream to stiff peaks. Reserve.
Mix mascarpone and cream cheese, beat till lump free. Add in egg
mixture to it, followed by whipped cream. Heat the gelatin mixture to
dissolve. Quickly stir the gelatin into a small portion of the cream
mixture to temper. Still working rapidly, add this to the remaining
mixture. Use immediately.Assembly
Set a ring mould to 9inches. Line the ladyfingers around the side to
form a wall; kindathing. Place a base into it. If it doesn't fit, cut
2.Brush strong coffee over the base and pour in half of mascarpone filling. Sift cocoa powder over the filling.
with another layer of ladyfinger sponge, brush with strong coffee. Pour
in the rest of filling and put in refrigerator to set for about 4 hours.
4. Before serving, remove the ring mould and sift more cocoa powder on top.