-1/3 espresso, strongly brewed (I used freshly brewed French Roast coffee)
- Mascarpone Filling
- 3/4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/6 cup cane sugar
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 8oz mascarpone cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1pack imported or domestic ladyfingers
- some cocoa powder
1. Whip cream with sugar and vanilla until soft peaks form.
2. Fold cream into softened mascarpone.
1. Place a layer of ladyfingers or sponge fingers at the bottom of a shallow baking dish or dessert bowls
2. Sprinkle with half the espresso
3. Spread with half the filling
4. Repeat with remaining ladyfingers or sponge fingers, espresso and filling, spreading the top smooth
5. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for up to 24 hours before serving
6. Immediately before serving place cocoa in a fine strainer and shake a light coating on surface