- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoons (more or less, depending on heat tolerance) thai chili-garlic sauce (e.g., sriracha)
- 1/2 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into small cubes
- 2 cups cold cooked rice (jasmine or basmati)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped shallots (or more, depending on preferences)
- 1/3 cup Thai holy basil or regular basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
1. In a wok or large skillet, stir-fry garlic in oil until golden; then add chicken and stir-fry until chicken is cooked.
2. Mix sugar, fish sauce, soy sauce, and chili sauce until sugar is mostly dissolved.
3. Add rice and stir briefly, then add mixture from step 2.
4. When well mixed, and heated through, add shallots, basil leaves and cilantro; cook another minute or so, and serve.
(apoologies for the generic picture!)