- 600g of chicken breast fillet (or thighs)
- 2 tablespoons of teriyaki marinade
- 2 tablespoons of light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon of oyster sauce
- 2 teaspoons of caster sugar
- A pinch of peppercorns
- sesame seeds (optional)
- Your favourite sauce (light soy sauce, dark soy sauce, sweet chilli sauce), to dip
I love long marinade and short cooking time. Mmm. Life should be this easy.
1. Cut the chicken breast fillet into two or three manageable pieces (instead of one large chunk)
2. In a non-metalic bowl, combine the chicken, teriyaki sauce, light soy sauce, fish sauce, oyster sauce, caster sugar and peppercorns and mix until the chicken is evenly coated with the mixture. Cover with cling wrap and marinate in the fridge for 2 hours.
3. Preheat the oven to 190°C and lightly grease a baking tray. Place the chicken fillets on the tray and bake uncover for 20 minutes. Give another extra 5 - 8 minutes if neccessary. Rest the chicken for a couple of minutes before slicing it. Sprinkle the chicken with some sesame seeds. Serve with rice and your favourite sauce.