** Excuse the crappy photo, my camera is playing up big time ! Grr...**
There is no specific measurements for this recipe. You just prepare the ingredients as much as you want to make.
- Rice paper
- Chicken tenderloins (the breast or thigh are yummy too, just cut into about 2cm wide pieces)
- Leek or Spring Onions
- Green Soba Noodles
- 200ml mirin
- 100ml soy sauce
- 1tbs honey
- 2 tbs sugar
Spicy & Tangy Mayo
- mayonnaisse (pref. Japanese mayo)
- shichimi togarashi
This recipe is super easy to make and assemble.
If you want to make a lighter version , just omit the noodles.
You can keep the leftover wraps in the fridge and they'll still taste yummy ^_^
1. Make the Teriyaki Sauce by combining everything in pan, and simmer until slightly thicken. Set aside and let cool.
2. Julliened the leek into very thin strips. If you are using spring onion instead, skip this step.
3. Cut the cucumber and carrot into thin batons.
4. Marinade the chicken piece in the teriyaki sauce, pop in crushed garlic and ginger as well. Let marinade for at least 30min.
5. Cook the soba noodles as per packet instruction, put a little of the teriyaki sauce on it just to add flavour (it's quite bland otherwise :D)
6. Cook the chicken in a pan and cook until the sauce starts to caramelize on the chicken.
7. Assembly time ! Simply dip the rice paper in hot water, put everything in and roll. Sprinkle with a little bit of the teriyaki sauce if you wish.
Spicy & Tangy Mayo :
Simple, combine everything and adjust the taste to your liking.