- 2 Udon
- Water 400cc
- Dashi 1tsp
- Soy Sauce 3tbs
- Mirin 1tbs
- Sugar 2tbs
- Salt 2tsp
- Plain Flour 100g
- Cold Water 150cc
- 6 King Prawns
- 1 Green Pepper
- 1 Sweet Potato
- Mix the Plain flour with the water in a bowl.
- Remove the shell from the king prawns. Then score the back of each
prawn, removing the thin black line. If you like you can leave the tail
on for decoration, which you can also eat.
- On the inside of the prawn score three lines horizontally, this will give the prawn greater length.
- Cut the sweet potato and green pepper into sizes of your choice.
- Heat the oil which you will use to fry the Tempura to 160 - 180
degrees. Dip the ingredients into the tempura mix and place into the
hot oil. Cook for 3 - 5 minutes.
- Boil the udon for 5 to ten minutes
- Remove the udon from the heat, and drain the udon into a sieve. Cool with cold water and leave until cold.
- For cold udon tempura stock, put 400cc water into small pan, bring
to the boil and then remove from the heat. Add the dashi stock, soy
sauce, mirin and sugar mixing well. Leave to cool.
- Place the udon into a bowl with the tempura on top. Finally add the stock, Enjoy!.