for the dough:
- 50 g Yeast
- 150 g Butter
- 5 dl Milk
- 1 teespoon salt
- 1 dl sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoon cardamom
- 14 - 15 dl flour
for the filling:
- 150 g butter (warm it a bit, so it's easier to spread)
- 3/4 dl sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
for the topping:
- 1 egg
- pearl sugar
I been the Sweden several times and fell in love with this traditional pastry. It's great with a big mug of Earl Grey tea.
1. Break the yest in a bowl. Melt the butter and add milk. Warm it up until it's warmish. Now pour the mixture over the yeast. Finally add the other ingredients and work the dough.
The dough has to rest for 30min now. You can start to preheat the oven (225°C).
2. After the dough has rested, roll it out so that it is about 1cm thick. Butter it and sprinkle it with the cinnamon and sugar. Now you roll it up. Take a sharp knife and slice it. Put the pieces on a baking tray with baking paper. This has to rest another 30minutes, under a kitchentowel.
3. After 30minutes you brush some egg on the rolls and sprinkle some of the pearl sugar on them.
4. Finally you put them in the preheated oven. For 8 to 10 minutes only, otherwise they will become too dry.