- "CRAB" SALAD
- 4 pcs. Surimi a.k.a imitation crab. (Use real crab if you're a high roller)
- Olive oil
- finger-length cucumber portion, sliced thin
- 2 tbsp. mustard
- 2 tbsp. water
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/2 piece dried chili, chopped (how spicy do ya want it?)
- 2 tbsp. ginger, peeled + chopped
- 2 tbsp. + 1 tsp. grapeseed oil
- 2 tbsp. + 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. salt
This is a cold salad that works well as a small starter. Crunchy & soft. Sweet & spicy.
- For the surimi/crab
1. Put surimi/crab in a bowl over ice.
2. Drizzle with olive oil.
3. Season with salt
- For the sauce
4. Put everything, except the oils, in a blender and puree until smooth.
5. In a bowl, slowly add the oils into the paste while mixing.
- To serve
6. Gently season surimi/crab and cucumber with olive oil and salt
7. Spread thin layer of sauce on the bottom of a cold bowl.
8. Arrange salad on top.