This is a traditional Chinese snack. I can't believe that i can make this at home someday!! Maybe the result isn't so professional, but still tasty~ :D
1. Filling: briefly heat the honey or maltose until soft; remove from heat. Add honey, butter and flour into the sifted sugar, mix and knead into a smooth dough, then cut it into 20 pieces.
2. Dough A: mix all ingredients together to make a smooth dough; knead briefly until very smooth; let stand for 20 minutes then roll into a baton-like roll and cut it into 20 pieces.
3. Dough B: mix all ingredients together to make a smooth dough. Roll into a baton-like roll and cut it into 20 pieces.
4. Flatten pieces of dough A, then place pieces of dough B in center of it, and wrap edges to enclose dough B. Lightly flatten. Use a rolling pin to roll dough to a rectangular shape. Beginning at the top edge, roll up the rectangular-shaped dough jelly-roll style. Turn the piece of dough to a vertical position. Use a rolling pin to roll it to a rectangular shape; roll up the dough again to form a baton-like shape. Repeat this procedure for all remaining pieces of dough.
5. Lightly flatten each piece of skin and place a portion of filling in center of it. Gather edges of the skin to enclose filling; pinch to seal. Use a rolling pin to roll each filled piece into a 2-inch flat circle.
6. Preheat oven to 350F degrees; place the cakes on a cookie sheet and bake for 20 minutes, or until golden brown; remove then let it cool. Enjoy it~