- Preheat the oven to 350F. Grease an 11 inch tart pan.
- In a small bowl, mix together the flour and baking powder.
- In another bowl, cream together the 1/2 cup butter and 1/2 sugar until well blended. Then beat in the egg.
- Blend in the flour mixture, until well mixed. Press the dough into the tart pan, covering the bottom and up the sides.
- Stir together the strawberries, 1/2 sugar, and potato/cornstarch.
Dump this filling into the tart crust, then dot the top with lumps of
the 2 Tbs. of butter.
- Use the remaining tart dough to make a lattice top. If desired, brush the top
dough very lightly with milk and sprinkle with another Tbs. of
- Bake the tart for 25-30 minutes until the crust is golden brown and
the filling is bubbling. Allow to cool for 20 minutes and serve warm,
or serve at room temperature.
Scoop of Vanilla Ice Cream