- 1 layer of chocolate cake/brownies.
- 300g fresh strawberries
- 2 tablespoons fine sugar
(may want to add more if you like your cakes real sweet!)
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons chocolate powder
- 2 teaspoons un-flavored gelatin
- 150 mL milk
- 1.5 cup whipping cream (30%)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Prepare the layer of cake/brownie and place it in your cake mold.
- Slice 1/2 of the strawberries in half, arranging them around your mold (touching, side-by-side, pointed ends up, with cut sides against the side of the mold).
- Place the remaining half of strawberries in the center. Set aside.
- In a bowl, mix the sugar, egg yolk, vanilla, and chocolate powder.
- In a small saucepan, add in the gelatin and milk. Heat until gelatin is dissolved.
- Pour the milk mixture into the chocolate mixture and mix well. (place the bowl in cold water while mixing. Let it cool and the mixture should be thick).
- Whip the cream with 1 tablespoon of sugar until stiff peaks form.
- Fold the whipped cream into the chocolate mixture until blended thoroughly.
- When done, pour it into your mold until it covers the strawberries.
- Refrigerate until set (4 hours).
- Decorate and serve!