300g [2 slices] sting-ray fish- cut into bite size
1 tbsp chilli paste
1 tbsp chopped red onion
1 tbsp chopped garlic
1 tbsp chopped ginger
2 stick lemon grass-crushed
1 red chilli-chopped
1 yellow sour egg plant- cut in wedges
1 asam keping or 1 tbsp tamarind paste
1 cup water
1. Clean the fish and soak in tamarind juice for 1/2 hour before cooking.
2. Wash the fish with clean water. Set aside.
3. Boil yellow egg plant until soft. set aside.
4. Heat 4 tbsp oil, saute chopped ingredients, lemon grass and chilli paste. Add fish and stir.
5. Add yellow egg plant and 1 piece of asam keping or 2 tbps of tamrind juice.
6. Add water. Let simmer till the fish are cook and gravy a bit thicken. Serve with warm rice.